Check Out Our Other Upload Specifications Here:
3D Model Quality Requirements
We accept high-quality 3D models and render ready environments from a variety of programs, for a variety of purposes - if you are able to agree to our Contributor Agreement, we are happy to have it on our site!
- Maya (.MA /.MB)
- 3D Studio Max (.3DS/.MAX)
- Cinema 4D (.C4D)
- Blender (.BLEND)
- Softimage (.XSI, .HRC)
- Lightwave (.LWO, .LW, .LWS)
- AutoCAD (.DWG, .DXF)
- Collada (.DAE)
Please don’t include third party plugins however including plug-in settings is acceptable.
Please be sure your file name does not contain any spaces or special characters (including accents and letters such as å, ñ, é, or ß ).
Prepping Your Model
- Please center your objects to the world (0,0,0)
- Render your models on a white background
- Everything shown in your renders should be included in your zip file, including your lighting setup.
- Renders must be free of watermarks, borders, text, etc.
Accepted Texture Formats:
Prepping Your Textures
- Check your model for overlapping UV's
- Please zip the texture folder and include it to the folder you are uploading.
- Check your UV's for stretching and distortion.
- Animated textures are allowed but only as image sequences.
- We prefer standard resolutions (e.g., 512x512, 1024x1024, etc.) but higher resolutions are accepted.
- Describe objects, shaders, and textures as completely as you can in filenames.
You must Include at least 3 image previews, maximum is 15.
- JPG or PNG files only - 500X500 minimum resolution.
- Image previews must include at least 1 wireframe and must include in previews "in full", and "in detail".
Image Previews should be named as follows:
preview1.jpg - This represents your primary image preview and shows how the model actually looks when downloaded.
Package All Of These Items Into One .ZIP File
- Your 3D Model Files
- A zip folder Containing Your Textures
- Include your textures in a folder entitled, ”textures” (or “tex” for Cinema 4D users). Video files will not be accepted (e.g., .MOV, .AVI).
You must be able to agree to all provisions in our Contributor Agreement in order to sell media files on our site, please read it thoroughly and make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities.
Submitter must have rights for distribution to the submitted elements. Found or public domain elements cannot be submitted under any circumstances. If you do not have complete rights to the submission, you may not submit it.
If you are interested in finding out more about copyright, or in registering your work with the US copyright office (this is not necessary, but it can afford you additional legal protections), you can take a look at their website: http://www.copyright.gov/
Talent and Property Releases
All commercially-oriented content that contains recognizable people must be accompanied by a signed Talent Release (available here). Releases need to be signed by the model(s) as well as by a witness other than the cameraperson/uploader.
Even if you are the model in the image, we require a Model Release, signed by you and a witness.
Property Releases are required when copyrighted or trademarked material appear.
You can download standard Model and Property Releases here. We will accept other Release agreements as well, as long as the legal provisions are roughly the same.
Scans of signed releases should be uploaded in JPG format. To do this, use the “attach” (paperclip) button next to the clip on your Uploads page.
Before uploading projects containing public buildings or landmarks, do a bit of research to see if you can legally sell images of it. For example, did you know the Hollywood Sign is owned by a nonprofit trust, and requires their permission for it to be shown in commercial films? For that reason, all clips of the Hollywood Sign on our site are marked "editorial only"). We may be able to answer some of these questions, but you can get much more comprehensive information online.
More Questions? Send Us A Message.