As of 2016, we are no longer accepting new audio files in MP3 format. This decision was made to provide our buyers with the high-quality files they need for their productions.
The next step in this process will be the removal of pre-existing MP3 sound effect files on the site. All MP3 sound effects must be replaced with a WAV or AIFF version by May 31, 2017. (Currently, music MP3s will not be affected, but we are exploring the possibility of updating that in the future.)
To find and replace MP3 SFX with new WAV or AIFF versions, please follow the steps below:
- Hover your cursor over your account avatar and click on Dashboard:
- From your Dashboard, navigate to the Uploads page by clicking Uploads:
- To search through your items for MP3 sound effects, enter MP3 in the search field. Select Online under Status and SFX under Type. This will give you a list of all your MP3 sound effects online, so you know which files you need to replace.
- Add new WAV or AIFF versions of all of these files through the normal upload process. (To review upload steps, check out How Do I Upload Media?)
- When you submit your new sound effect WAV or AIFF files, include the following message in the CURATOR NOTES box: “Replacement for MP3 Sound Effect.” Click SAVE AND SUBMIT FOR REVIEW and our curators will prioritize getting these files online.
Note: As this transition occurs, there may be a brief period where both versions of your files are online at the same time. There is no need to contact us if this occurs.